Bringing to therapy the depth of understanding that comes from lived experience
I am a fully-qualified, PACFA accredited Holistic Counsellor and Psychotherapist, and registered NDIS Provider.
Based in Moruya on the NSW south coast, I bring 15 years of experience in supporting children with learning and behavioural challenges.
My story began when my daughter started school. She would cling to me on arrival, then, when I picked her up in the afternoon, she would yell angrily and kick the back of my seat in the car.
Threats of punishment did nothing to calm the situation, and I was completely at a loss to know what to do. Looking for answers, I came across The Extra Lesson.
This program addresses behaviours and learning difficulties by identifying gaps in early stages of development. We did the program together, and everything started to change.
I now realise this behaviour was her way of expressing some really big feelings. She was also releasing the tension that had built up in the classroom during the day.
Supporting Local Families since 2005
Since 2005 I have been offering this program locally. I have been privileged to meet many wonderful children, and witnessed many positive changes.
Recognising the need to offer more support to parents, I completed post-graduate training in Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2017.
During this time I explored the strong, but often overlooked, links between:
- stress during infancy and early childhood,
- gaps in early stages of development,
- learning difficulties and
- challenging behaviours
Research also shows that children who feel secure, generally:
- do better in school,
- are more able to regulate their emotions,
- have happier and closer relationships with their parents, and
- enjoy improved health.
Counselling and Parent Support
My role is not to label or diagnose your child.
Instead, I will support you in creating lifelong change. We will work together to address the underlying causes of your concerns.
The First Step
The first step is to book your initial parent consultation. This is a special time just for you, in a space where you can feel seen, heard and understood.
- Post-graduate studies in Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy with the Metavision Institute (2017)
- Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy (2021)
- Accredited Provider with the Foundation for Infant Loss (2018) supporting families experiencing miscarriage and infant loss
- Registered Circle of Security Facilitator (2018) offering early intervention for parents and children
- Certificate in Holistic Counselling Skills with the Metavision Institute (2015)
- Certificate IV in Disability (2013)
- Master of Education, CSU (2012) – post-graduate research into reading difficulties
- Certificate in Extra Lesson (2009) – post-graduate study in understanding and ad-dressing learning difficulties
- Registered Integrated Listening Systems Practitioner (20007) offering listening as-sessments and iLs listening programs
- Reiki Levels 1 and 2, 2003
- Member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).
- Conference Presentation – International Conference on Childhood Trauma, Melbourne (2018) – paper based on my research exploring links between stress and trauma in infancy and early childhood, developmental delay, learning difficulties and challenging behaviours.
"Sally's school report noted improvements in all areas - social, emotional, physical and academic".
Your first 15 minute phone consultation is FREE.