Is there something in your life you would like to change?
- Are you experiencing symptoms of anxiety and/or depression?
- Would you like help making a decision?
- Have you reached a crossroad or turning point in your life?
- Are you concerned about someone close to you?
- Are you experiencing conflict with a work or family relationship?
- Is something worrying you?
- Are you unsure about where your life is heading?
We all have times when we feel overwhelmed.
Sharing these experiences with an empathic and compassionate listener can help bring them into perspective, freeing you to move forward in your life, finding new meaning, and a greater level of self awareness and personal fulfilment.
Rosalind offers a space of safety and trust where you can feel supported as you safely explore what is troubling you, releasing blockages, helping you to grow in awareness and understanding.
Benefits of Counselling
You don’t have to be at crisis point to enjoy the benefits of therapy. Sometimes simply talking to an empathic listener can help bring clarity to everyday stressful situations, before they can grow into major issues.
- Childhood Challenges – social, emotional, behavioural, physical, academic
- Past trauma, stress – processing and letting go of old hurts, wounds
- Conflict – within yourself, with someone else
- Life changes, transitions – retirement, children starting school, leaving home
- Grief and loss – miscarriage, partner, friendships, pet
- Addiction – substance, behaviour
Your First Session
It’s not unusual to feel a bit nervous about seeing a therapist, especially if this is a new experience for you.
Your first session will last about 90 minutes, and will probably start with a short chat, so you can get to know each other. Rosalind will also discuss fees, confidentiality, and go through a Therapy Agreement which you will be invited to sign. This essentially spells out how you will work together, the therapeutic process, and your rights as a client.
After this you will be invited to talk about why you have come to see Rosalind, and start to go more deeply into what it is that concerns you.
Subsequent sessions usually last about 50 minutes.