Behaviours are what we see on the surface. They are our children’s way of letting us know they are struggling.
When we look beneath the behaviours we see learning difficulties and gaps in early stages of development.
The solution is to address the “why”. We can do this by going back and “filling in the gaps”, strengthening the foundations for lifelong learning.
An Holistic Approach to Healing
I offer an holistic approach to healing, incorporating:
- Development Movement Program
- Therapeutic Listening Program
These case studies have been prepared following regular weekly visits with a practitioner for up to 12 months, with a short home exercise program. Some also included a program to address auditory processing difficulties.
These weekly sessions incorporated activities designed to build strong foundations to support lifelong learning, by addressing gaps in early sensory and motor development.
- None of these children had any tutoring other than standard in-class support.
- Names and other details have been changed to protect privacy, but the time frames and the outcomes are all accurate.
Developmental Movement Program
Boy Aged 9
- Meltdowns, yelling abuse at home
- Aggressive, unhappy with himself
- Anxiety at school increasing
- Lethargic, trouble sleeping
- Signs of depression
- Reading 18 months below age level, which took intense concentration
- Frustration, aware that other children were performing better than him in class
After 12 Months
- Loves to read, mum can’t keep the books up to him
- Happy, settled at school
- No more meltdowns
- Sleeping well, more energy
- Other parents commented on his improved soccer skills
- School report showed gains in all areas, emotional, social, mental and physical
Girl Aged 12
- Social issues
- Performing below age level academically
- Trouble focussing and paying attention
After 7 Months
- Reading accuracy up 1 year 8 months (Neale Analysis)
- Comprehension up 11 months (Neale Analysis)
Boy Aged 10
- Lacked social skills
- Below age level academically
- Clumsy, easily distracted
After 7 Months
- Reading accuracy up 2 years ( Neale Analysis)
- Reading comprehension up 4 years (Neale Analysis)
Boy Aged 8
- Diagnosis of Autism/Asperger’s syndrome
- Anxiety at school
- Tears, crying, meltdowns
- No social interaction at school
After 9 Months
- No more meltdowns at school
- Has friends
- Happy, confident
- Reading confidently
Developmental Movement Program Combined with Listening Therapy
Boy Aged 13
- Diagnosed with dyslexia, struggling academically
- Reading, spelling and number skills below age level
- Signs of auditory problems – poor articulation, use of incorrect/inappropriate words out of context, bizarre spelling, slow processing of verbal information
- Trouble concentrating, easily distracted
- Poor self esteem, low confidence
After 6 Months
- Reading Accuracy up 2 years (Neale Analysis)
- Reading comprehension up over 2 years (Neale Analysis)
- Spelling within normal range for his age (Westwood)
- Listening Scores at age level (Scan-C)
- Improved conversation skills
- Upright stance (no more stooping)
- New girlfriend, improved social and relationship skills
- Gains in self confidence
Boy Aged 12
- Shy, bullied
- Performing poorly at school
- Restless, disorganised in class
After 14 Months
- Reading Accuracy up almost 3 years, to age level (Neale Analysis)
- Reading Comprehension up 3.7 years (Neale Analysis)
- Improvements in organisation in class were noted by the school almost immediately
- No longer being bullied
- Looks out for younger children in the school
- “Now I can block out the background noise and focus on the teacher’s voice”
What Their Parents Said
“Kevin’s teacher rang to say how much more organised he is in the classroom. He gets his work out and gets on with it. No more messing around, no more annoying his classmates”.
“My family have all noticed the change, not just in his behaviour, but he has also learnt empathy which is one thing that has always been hard for him to understand.”
“I would highly recommend the (Extra Lesson) program (with Rosalind) to any parent looking to put the whole puzzle together for their child. It is remarkable to see the results”.
A PACFA accredited Holistic Counsellor and Psychotherapist, Rosalind is also a Registered NDIS Provider, Circle of Security Facilitator and approved Victims Services Counsellor.
Sessions are available in person at Moruya South Head, and online via zoom.